I remember sitting down in front of my rich dad to show him the financials for my nylon and Velcro wallet business. I was 32 years old and the business had taken off quicker than I'd ever imagined. I had more than 380 independent sales reps. Sales were soaring, and our product was in demand.

I was also young, inexperienced and running the company into the ground.

Read the opinionated column here

Leave A Comment jump to leave a comment
nickwwade
2/17/2013 8:55:12 PM
Great article
mark
8/27/2011 8:55:46 AM
Doctor Phil says "Do you want to be rigt or do you want to be happy";Mark David Madden says"To be right is to be happy, in this life'or the afterlife."You can be nice without being weak, cowardly or rude and obnoxious.If your outcome is good, being right made you happt ,didn't it.Being right is bad when you tell others somethimg is bad; and they don't listen or you are the cowardly nice guy and go along.Many exelent business principals in the Bible are studied by those who don't beleive the Bible, because they work.Study, analyze, prepare, even after you have "arrived". Never stop learning.Thinking you are right and being right can be two different things.A brave selfconfident fool, is still a fool.Choose to be Rich and the Bibl are my 2 personal favorite business tools to take my next step from the Rat Race into the Fast Track....Mark David Madden
Eric
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Howdy, All I want to do is start one of the programs and begin learning. I really don't want to go through some elaborate sales process full of upsells. I am bright, I know what I know, I just need to start the course so I can fill in the gaps with what I don't know, revise what I do know, learn some more then act. Where is EVERYTHING AT A GLANCE? Thanks
Tyler
Monday, August 29, 2011
Eric, There is no free lunch. Nothing is as simple as "everything at a glance". If you are not willing to put the time into it you will not succeed. If you already know so much you wouldn't be here looking for a quick down and dirty. There is always a lot to learn and always will be. You will always find the occasional attempt to "upsell" through the various books and programs, why wouldnt you, RichDad is a business and they are providing you with a service and want to continue providing you with services. The question is are those services worth your money. They are to me! I have read almost every single one of Robert's books and have not been disappointed yet. This is not some "Get Rich Quick" scheme, you really get out of it what you put in. If you want a quick down and dirty here it is: Cashflow, Cashflow, Cashflow....
Eric
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Hi Tyler, I understand all the things you've said. I'm willing to put in the time but where do you go in life where the restaurant doesn't show you a menu and explain what's in the sandwich or the entree? What university does one go to where they don't show a curriculum and explain precisely what one can expect to learn for their hard-earned money? I understand the marketing methods. They are vague as can be from the beginning: real estate course, paper assets course, commodities course, etc. Without much of a description, we're vaguely told that it's basic and that there's more that will be offered later but we aren't told anything. Like I said, it's a marketing technique that doles out the curriculum in pieces so that by the time you finish part 1 you feel inclined to take part 2, not because it's of great value (because it, too, is not described in detail) but because you don't want to waste the time, money and energy you put into taking part 1... rinse repeat. Please, don't assume I don't want to put in the time or that I don't understand the concept of "Cashflow, cashflow, cashflow..." and when you pose the question, "Are those services worth your money?", the followup question should be, "How the heck can we know if there's no detailed course description? It's like we were told about Obamacare... "we have to pass it so you can see what's in it." Well, we have to buy in so we can see what's in the program, it seems.
B
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Eric your absouletly right, i joined the class/courses and your dead right...
david
3/27/2013 7:32:33 AM
it's good to see this information in your post, i was looking the same but there was not any proper resource, thanx now i have the link which i was looking for my research. Dissertation Proofreading Services | Dissertation Writing
Emmenuel
8/26/2011 12:03:13 AM
I have a dry cleaning business which i just started, i did't have the marketing skil to market my product. What i can i do to move to next level of wealth
mark
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Emmenuel, I perceive that you have the internet, as I am reading your posting.Search locally for your strenghths,and connections to be "known".Find your "team" outside tour organization.Those who can make you more efficient,therefore more known and make your cash flow more profitable... Mark David Madden
mark
8/27/2011 8:55:43 AM
huang
8/31/2011 1:12:34 PM
where and how can i get the rich dad videos products
huang
8/31/2011 1:14:09 PM
in china
Festus
11/30/2012 12:14:15 AM
What an insight!
nickwwade
Sunday, February 17, 2013
I agree
David
12/27/2011 11:15:22 PM
Getting paid daily is NOT a dream. Venture-Dream.com A life changing business opportunity.
Alexander
2/10/2012 7:03:59 AM
It's true. Cowards, not nice guys, finish last.
Glenn
3/8/2012 10:08:20 AM
reminds me when I first started a business. I was 19 and lost 30k. But man did I learn. I wish I would of joined a mlm back then instead of thinking I knew everything
Eliathah
10/21/2012 11:09:38 AM
This is so true. People falsely associate being nice with being unsuccessful but its simply not the case
Oleg