September 16, 2015
Corporate Espionage, Brand Loyalty and The Videogame Industry (Part One)
Blake J. Harris
Remember the video game explosion of the 80’s and 90’s? Ever wondered what fueled one of the biggest and ugliest corporate rivalries in recent memory? This week we talk with Blake J. Harris, author of Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation
In Part 1 of this show we’ll discuss:
· The origins of Video games as big business.
· Our personal experiences growing up with our lives tied to video games and console loyalty.
· The shift from video games being viewed as toys into a multi billion dollar industry.
· Even Nintendo essentially had to sell door-to-door after the game crash of the late 70’s.
· What made Blake want to document the corporate struggle between the video game juggernauts of the 80’s and 90’s.
· Working with Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg to get the book produced into a movie.